1. Before you speak to a customer on the phone, remember to smile. It keeps your tone friendly and upbeat.
2. As a reminder to keep smiling, place a mirror where you can see yourself smiling.
3. Use the Golden Rule as your guide: Give all the customers the respect and courtesy that you'd like to receive.
4. Keep your cool with tough customers. Listen patiently, apologize for their inconvinience, and work to fix the problem.
5. Take a deep breath if needed so you can refocus on providing the best service you can.
6. Leave personal issues at home. When your at work, let your professionalism shine.
7. Get plenty of sleep each night, exercise regularly, and eat well-balanced meals in order to keep stress in check.
8. Use mistakes and challenges as opportunities to learn.
9. Keep within sight a picture of something that makes you smile.
10. Remember to count your blessings often. Write down something each day which you are grateful.